Stories are the new storefront for businesses nowadays. Yes, you heard me right! Stories have transformed social media and the way of advertising in it. Almost all the social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. are delving into Story realizing its true potential. However, while advertising on Stories, there are certain do’s and don’ts that you can follow to gain maximum results out of it. They are as follows –
- Have A Plan: You think of your social media account as an extension of your brand. Hence, you need to have a plan for advertising on the story so that it is aligned to brand personality, language, and value.
- Be Consistent: You need to post consistently on the stories so that your business or the products stay in front of your audience’s eyes and keep growth going.
- Use Hashtags That Is Relevant To The Industry: Hashtags are very helpful to show up when there is a relevant search query. Using hashtags that are relevant to the industry that your business belongs, can increase the probability of getting found.
- Increase Engagement: Increasing engagement is crucial while promoting a business on social media stories. You can customize your videos and photos with texts and stickers to add a little context and personality to your posts thereby increase engagement.
- Don’t Over Post: Do not post on stories very frequently. Try to find the optimal number to which your audience best engages. Beyond that, it may annoy them
- Don’t Use Auto-commenters, Or Follow Bots: Generic auto comments make you look spammy, therefore deterring anyone from following you. Same for the follow-bots as well. Hence, try to avoid using auto-commenters, or follow bots.
- Try not to repeat posts from your regular feed: Reparative posts can signify low-level creativity. This may impact on brand’s image, post engagement, and annoy your audience.
Well, this is pretty much about it. Always remember, the nature of the business also impacts the engagement and the result that is obtained from advertising on social media stories. Hope this is helpful to you.