The popularity of the search engine is touching the skies. Now it has become more crucial than ever to optimize your search strategy to ensure that your business reaches as many leads as possible. Visual search is new if we talk about features that search engines provide. Visual search is nothing but making a search by taking a photo and uploading it to a search engine or use a voice to search for matching visuals. Reports say that image search i.e. visual search has grown 60% in recent years. Visual search uses real-world images such as screenshots, internet images, or photographs as the stimuli for online searches. Isn’t that a great opportunity to get discovered! But how do you optimize the images on your website for visual search? Here are few hacks that can help you:
- Offer a Good Number of Image: Multiple images for a single product give a clear idea of its look, built, color, and other minute detail of the product. This ensures that your leads, while doing a visual search, find your products regardless of the angle of view they take the picture of the product and upload it in the search engine.
- High-Quality Imagery: It is of utmost importance to have high-resolution images on your website to attract leads through visual search. High-quality images ensure that the search engines can process your photo to match a person’s search query. Such images ensure that your audience sees your product clearly thereby keeping your audience more engaged and interested in your product.
- Use Alternative Text: Another important element of visual search optimization is giving the images on your website an individual alternative text also known as alt text. This helps search engines understand the context of your image. Hence, they will rank your images appropriately in visual search results enabling more valuable lead to find your image.
- Use Captions: Using captions help to describe all the element, story, scenario, and action in the image so that the search engine can process the information and rank your image at the top when relevant search queries occur. Another great way to help more leads to find your products.
- Keyword Research: Do a quality keyword research and select the keyword, preferably long tail that you want to optimize your image for. Once selected integrate them into your image title and description. It helps your images appear in the appropriate search results.
- Image format: Better quality images are always more visually appealing and will perform better in visual searches. However, to make your website load faster, and improve the site’s position on the SERP, you will want to use smaller-sized images. By choosing the right file format of the image the purpose can be achieved.
Not all the search engines have this feature of visual search. However, the top search engines such as Google, Bing, etc. that constitute more than 90% of the search engine market have it. No matter whatever search engine you are optimizing for, these basic strategies remain the same.