Email marketing is one of the prominent digital marketing tools that are recognized by marketers across the world. It is a digital marketing strategy based on sending emails and developing relationships with prospects and customers. An effective email marketing strategy has the capability to convert prospects into customers, and turn first time buyers into recurring customers. As per reports, the average open rate is 24.04%. However, this email open rate can be improved with a few apt strategies –
- Update your list: Some people may have changed email accounts, or maybe they just aren’t interested in your brand anymore. Updating your audience or the subscribers’ list frequently would help to keep the list fresh with active users. Hence, a fresh list filled with engaged or active subscribers helps you increase your email open rate.
- Segmentation: Another useful way for increasing your email open rate is segmentation. You can segment your user as per their behavior, interest, demography, geography, etc. and thereby reach them with relevant information through emails.
- Time of sending emails: Timing is an important factor that influences the email open rate. The best strategy to identify which timeframes seem to perform best, and explore those in future campaigns is to run an A/B test and analyze the insights.
- Use an engaging subject line: Yes, the subject line does the initial magic to attract attention and thereby getting your email opened by your subscribers. So how to write an email subject line then? Here are a few tips – using a question in your subject line, directing your subscribers tell them what you want them to do, using creative puns that tease your target audience, make some exciting announcements, etc.
- The first name strategy: Address the subscribers with their first name. This gives the sense of personalized mail and the subscriber ends up opening the mail.
- Choose words carefully: Yes, the usage of words and phrases should be dealt very carefully. Words such as – cheap, free, sleazy, don’t delete, etc. can trigger email spam. Avoiding the use of such words can help you increase the email open rates.
- Email automation: This is the use of predefined commands to trigger email communications based on specific actions that consumers take. Email automation takes repetitive tasks off your list and improves the open rate. It improves open rates because it sends emails according to subscribers’ actions, and they expect to get an email from you.
Well, now you are all set to grab the attention of your subscribers through your awesome emails. However, the email body is also equally important for the subscribers to take desired actions. We will talk about the email body in another article.